KS4 Study Support
GCSE Religious Studies Revision Materials (Summer 2016)
The list below summarises resources and activities that can be used to prepare for the summer examinations. Students who need any more support or have any questions should see a member of the RS staff team.
- Visit the SMHS RS blog page – http://smhsreligiousstudies.edublogs.org/ and download some of the resources available for them on there (pay particular attention to the QUOTATIONS documents)
- Complete some practice questions and hand them into your teacher for making – best to have a go at D & E part questions and time yourself (D questions – 7 mins only & E questions – 15 mins only)
- Memorise key Bible quotations (from sheets available to be downloaded on the blog) – make sure you have a bank of between 5-10 quotations for each topic and know how to apply them to the question.
- Revise different Christian viewpoints on the ethical and philosophical topics we have covered – e.g. ensure you can explain how a Roman Catholic viewpoint differs from a C of E viewpoint.
- Learn key terms for each topic (memorise their definitions for the 1 and 2 mark questions)
Recommended revision guides for RS (See the 3 links below):
Ethics 1 Padlets for revision links:
Ethics 2 Padlets for revision links:
B601 (Philosophy 1) Padlets to support your revision:
B602 (Philosophy 2) Padlets to support your revision:
The Study Zone (Dining Room)
Study Zone is open every day for Yr 10 & 11 students from 3.15 – 5.30pm. Staff will be available to help and support and laptops can be used. Refreshments will be available to keep students going!
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
The LRC is open for students each day until 5.30pm. Students can work in the LRC to do their extended learning (homework), do research, meet with other students as part of a study group or to read.
Mrs Askew supervises the LRC between 3.10 and 5.30pm and is available to support students who need help with any aspect of their work. During the day from 8am, Mrs Evans supervises the LRC and will help students with their research or work.
Student Centre Lunch Time Drop in for any student:
A quiet space for students who want to sit and play board games or use the Lego; LSA and computers available to help with homework tasks. Open every lunchtime 1.30 – 2pm in the Student Centre.
Basic stationery, (pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, protractors), can be purhcased from the LRC before and after school or during break times.