St Marys High School is closed until further notice.
Please see below some useful links which may be helpful:
Support and Wellbeing
These are not intended to replace the work we set, but there may be things that support it and they may help you find activities for your sons and daughters if they are getting bored being stuck at home (including younger children not with us yet)! They are all branded as being appropriate for children, but the age ranges vary. It is your responsibility to check that you are happy the content of any of these is suitable for your children.
- BBC Learning http://www.bbc.co.uk/learning/coursesearch/
- This site is old and no longer updated and yet there is so much still available, from language learning to BBC Bitesize for revision.
- Seneca https://www.senecalearning.com
- For those revising at GCSE or A level. A lot of free revision content.
- Blockly https://blockly.games
- Learn computer programming skills – fun and free.
- Literacy website: https://freerice.com/
- A free website that donates rice whilst challenging your literacy skills. Different difficulty levels and different aspects of literacy (vocabulary or grammar)
- Scratch https://scratch.mit.edu/explore/projects/games/
- Creative computer programming
- National Geographic Kids https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/
- Activities and quizzes for younger students
- Duolingo https://www.duolingo.com
- Learn languages for free. Web or app based
- The Kids Should See This https://thekidshouldseethis.com
- Wide range of educational videos
- Crash Course https://thecrashcourse.com
- You Tube videos on many subjects
- Crest Awards https://www.crestawards.org
- Science awards you can complete from home.
- iDEA Awards https://idea.org.uk
- Digital enterprise award scheme you can complete online
- Tinkercad https://www.tinkercad.com
- All kinds of making/design
- Big History Project https://www.bighistoryproject.com/home
- Aimed at Secondary age. Multi disciplinary activities.
- Geography Games https://world-geography-games.com/world.html
- Geography games.
- The Artful Parent https://www.facebook.com/artfulparent/
- Good, free art activities
- DK Find Out https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/?fbclid=IwAR2wJdpSJSeITf4do6aPhff8A3tAktnmpaxqZbkgudD49l71ep8-sjXmrac
- Activities and quizzes
- Twinkl https://www.twinkl.co.uk
- This is more for printouts, and usually at a fee, but they are offering a month of free access to parents in the event of school closures.