The St Mary’s CE Academy Trust has four Trust Members who are responsible for appointing the Trustees (or Governors) of the Academy. The current Members are:
- The Venerable Janet Mackenzie, Archdeacon of Hertford
- tbc, the Incumbent from the Parish
- Mr David Morton, representative from the Diocese Board of Education
- Mr Paul Daniel, Chair of Governors
The Trustees make up the Governing Body of St Mary’s, which has fourteen members and is responsible for the strategic leadership of the School. Note: At St Mary’s our Trustees are known as Governors.
The Governing Body consists of:
- Two parent/carer governors
- One LA governor
- Three staff governors (one of whom is the Head Teacher)
- Eight foundation governors (of whom at least four will be eligible for appointment as parent/carer governors)
Of these, the foundation governors consist of:
- One ex officio governor (usually the vicar/clergy member)
- Two appointments by the Diocesan Board of Education
- At least two appointments by St Mary’s Parochial Church Council (PCC)
- The remaining three appointments are drawn from St Mary’s PCC, Christ Church PCC and/or the Dewhurst Foundation
All Governors are responsible for protecting the Christian ethos of the School and making sure that the School is promoting our distinctiveness as a Church School and St Mary’s Christian values in all aspects of the School’s work.
Parents/Carers who are interested in being a governor at St Mary’s should contact the Clerk to discuss opportunities to join and/or support the Governing Body.
The Clerk to the Governing Body is Mrs Judith Bundock who can be contacted at the school on 01992 629124.