The St Mary’s CE Academy Trust has four Trust Members who are responsible for appointing the Trustees (or Governors) of the Academy. The current Members are:
- The Venerable Janet Mackenzie, Archdeacon of Hertford
- The Reverend Eugene Hanshaw, the Incumbent from the Parish
- Mr David Morton, representative from the Diocese Board of Education
- Mrs Debbie Chilton, Acting Chair of Governors
The Trustees make up the Governing Body of St Mary’s, which has fourteen members and is responsible for the strategic leadership of the School. Note: At St Mary’s our Trustees are known as Governors.
The Governing Body consists of:
- Two parent/carer governors
- One LA governor
- Three staff governors (one of whom is the Head Teacher)
- Eight foundation governors (of whom at least four will be eligible for appointment as parent/carer governors)
Of these, the foundation governors consist of:
- One ex officio governor (usually the vicar/clergy member)
- Two appointments by the Diocesan Board of Education
- At least two appointments by St Mary’s Parochial Church Council (PCC)
- The remaining three appointments are drawn from St Mary’s PCC, Christ Church PCC and/or the Dewhurst Foundation
All Governors are responsible for protecting the Christian ethos of the School and making sure that the School is promoting our distinctiveness as a Church School and St Mary’s Christian values in all aspects of the School’s work.
Parents/Carers who are interested in being a governor at St Mary’s should contact the Clerk to discuss opportunities to join and/or support the Governing Body.
The Clerk to the Governing Body is Mrs Judith Bundock who can be contacted at the school on 01992 629124.