In line with the Christian ethos of the school, Governors are committed to ensuring that St Mary’s serves the local community by being at the centre of the local community.
Part of the vision for the school is that St Mary’s provides a range of services for children, young people and their families so that outcomes and life chances are improved and disadvantage is reduced. The strategic vision for the Local Partnership is shown below.
As part of our commitment to the local community, St Mary’s is the Lead School for the Allsorts Local Partnership which is a group of local schools who work together to share resources and best practice for the benefit of children and families.
One of the main roles of the Partnership is the provision of Family Support Workers who are able to work with parents/carers to provide a wide range of support. Support can be provided directly by Family Support Workers, or they can signpost to other agencies, on topics such as money or financial advice; help with housing; understanding and accessing benefits; parenting and keeping children and families safe.
Many parents/carers find this service very useful and one opportunity that is valued is being able to meet other parents/carers to share experiences and ideas.
How Can I Be Supported by A Family Support Worker?
Parents/carers can ask to be supported by a Family Support Worker or the School, (or a partnership school), can refer parents/carers to a Family Support Worker. This is only done with the full agreement of the parent/carer. Please contact the Allsorts Children’s Centre for more information on 01992 633761.
The Strategic Vision for the Local Partnership
- Integrated high quality provision for families with children 0 – 19 to support outstanding outcomes for children and high quality family life
- Fully integrated services and support for families with children 0 – 19 coordinated centrally and delivered locally
- Universal service provision based on a hub and spoke model incorporating co-location of service providers
- Services organised to promote local access and localised response to need
- High quality targeted services that promote sustained contact & narrow the gap for those in need of support
- Nationally recognised for outstanding practice