KS5 Design & Technology: Product Design Exam Board | AQA
The Product Design A-Level allows students to develop their interest and enthusiasm for Product Design, including developing an interest in further study and careers in the subject.
The course is designed to support students in:
• Identifying and investigating design possibilities and solutions
• Developing their capacity to design and make products
• Appreciating the complex relationship between design, materials, manufacture and marketing
Students studying GCE Design & Technology; Product Design will need a minimum of a GCSE Design and Technology grade 5
Students will complete the following modules:
• Paper 1: Technical Principles (2.5hr examination paper) – 30% of A Level grade
• Paper2: Designing & Making Principles (1.5hr paper) – 20% of A Level grade
• NEA (Non-Exam Assessment): Learning through designing and making (portfolio based project) – 50% of A Level grade
Potential sectors of employment
• Product design
• Engineering and Manufacturing Technology
Textbooks will be available for all students in lessons; however there will be an opportunity to purchase their own copy.
Students will also be expected to purchase some of their own materials