KS5 Design & Technology: Fashion & Textiles | AQA
The Fashion & Textiles A-Level allows students to develop their interest and enthusiasm for Fashion, including developing an interest in further study and careers in the subject.
The course is designed to support students in:
• Understanding a broad view of fashion & textiles
• Developing their capacity to design and make products
• Appreciating the complex relationship between design, materials, manufacture and marketing
Students studying GCE Design & Technology; Fashion & Textiles will need a minimum of a GCSE Design and Technology grade 5
Students will complete the following modules:
• Paper 1: Technical Principles (2.5hr examination paper) – 30% of A Level grade
• Paper2: Designing & Making Principles (1.5hr paper) – 20% of A Level grade
• NEA (Non-Exam Assessment): Learning through designing and making (portfolio based project) – 50% of A Level grade
Progression Routes Potential Sectors of Employment
• Arts, Media, Publishing,
• Retail and Commercial Enterprise
• Education and Training
• Engineering and Manufacturing Technology
Textbooks will be available for all students in lessons; however there will be an opportunity to purchase their own copy.
Students will also be expected to purchase some of their own materials, for example; fabrics, patterns, etc.