St Mary’s CE Academy, a Church of England Single Academy Trust for 11 to 19 year olds within the Diocese of St Albans.
Job title: Director of Finance and Resources
Location: St Mary’s Church of England High School, Cheshunt
Start date: ASAP
Salary: M5 £53,615- £56,846 (pay award pending). There is the possibility of an enhancement to the salary to make the position competitive to applicants who already have experience. There is an additional payment of £1,344 to any candidates applying directly to the school, paid over the first 12 months of employment.
Hours: This role is 37 hours, 52 weeks per year.
Closing date: 17th April 2023, 09:00am
Shortlisting date: 19th April 2023
Interview Date 24th April 2023
Visits to the school: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the school is closed for the Easter Holidays from 1.4.23-16.4.23. Late applications will not be considered.
About the role
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Director of Finance and Resources to join the forward-thinking Senior Leadership Team at St Mary’s CofE High School.
The Trustees are seeking to appoint a passionate and resilient person with high aspirations and a drive to support school improvement.
The Director of Finance and Resources will also act as the designated ‘Chief Financial Officer’ and will lead and manage the financial and operational functions within the school including but not limited to: Finance, Administration /Management Information Systems and ICT/Human Resource of Support staff (non-classroom based) /Facility & Property and Health & Safety.
Ideally you will have experience of working at director/business manager level in a school/academy as you will make a significant contribution to the strategic leadership of the school whilst directing and developing support services and ensuring support for teaching and learning is in place.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate outstanding business management practice
- be an exemplary role model with experience of appraising and developing others
- have the ability to communicate and build effective relationships with all stakeholders
- have experience of leading and managing teams
- have expertise in financial management and understand the challenges facing school budgets
- be successful in financial management including income generation initiatives
- have the confidence to challenge working practices in the spirit of continuous improvement
- be skilled in project management
- be resilient, highly motivated and passionate
- be up-to-date in their knowledge of current education policy and practice
- have a desire to improve the outcomes for our students
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A collaborative and forward-thinking leadership team, trustees and governing body
- A warm and friendly staff
- A well-respected school with established links in the local community and with external agencies
- The opportunity to work in a Trust with strong ambitions to improve pupil outcomes and to be part of our longer-term development planning
- A well-resourced and excellent working environment with dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic colleagues
- Positive and established partnerships with our parents and wider community
- A culture of continual professional development to ensure your success and develop your career
- A parent community that is very supportive of the school and its aims
- A thorough induction process to build initial confidence and awareness of whole school approaches and expectations
- Occupational Health and counselling support
- Some flexibility in working arrangements
- Equipment provided to carry out your role
- Car parking on site
For further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact the Headteacher, Nicholas Simms on email@example.com
To request an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or download from the website www.st-maryshigh.herts.sch.uk.
We welcome visits to the school by prospective candidates and we look forward to showing you our school.
Please note that the school will be closed from 1.4.23-16.4.23 for the Easter break. Emails will be monitored throughout this period but not on a daily basis.
Applicants do not need to be practicing Christians but would be expected to uphold our Christian principles of trust, forgiveness, compassion, thankfulness, friendship and love, as well as our vision where, ‘Through God’s love, we are the rich soil where seeds flourish and roots grow’.
St Mary’s Church of England High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks, including an online check, as outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2022).
St Mary’s School is committed to the aim of ensuring that everyone who applies to work for us receives fair treatment and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, race, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership and caring status. We expect all our staff to demonstrate a commitment to advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations.